In today’s episode of Your Business, Your Wealth, Paul and Cory dive deep into the one topic that many potential clients and entrepreneurs don’t know much about, and that’s starting a Roth IRA. With most incomes, there are huge amounts of capital to be made outside of the regular IRS income tax system with the use of a Roth IRA. On today’s podcast, Paul and Cory dive into the business of going about starting a backdoor Roth IRA and why firms often tell people they can’t.
WHAT WAS COVERED
- 01:46 – How often they meet potential clients who don’t know that they could be opening a Roth IRA.
- 02:36 – What contribution and deduction limits actually mean.
- 02:56 – The income limits of IRA’s and Roth IRA’s, and why people think they can’t do it.
- 08:38 – What happens tax–wise when you convert an IRA to Roth in a single year.
- 10:56 – How much Mitt Romney has in Roth IRA’s.
- 11:52 – Why there are huge amounts of capital to be made outside of the regular IRS income tax with a Roth IRA.
- 12:26 – Why many entrepreneurs are not as likely to retire in a lower tax rate as the person that’s a high income earning executive.
- 13:48 – How to pull off the backdoor IRA.
- 14:25 – When you’re doing a conversion, you’re going to need cash in some other pot of money to pay the taxes.
- 18:10 – How easy it is to put money into an IRA and convert it to a Roth IRA.
- 19:22 – Why you want asset location, asset allocation and asset taxation.
- 21:52 – One of the pitfalls of the backdoor Roth IRA.
- 25:26 – The problem with the pro–rata tax rule.
- 30:08 – Why business owners should ensure they are controlling the investment structure in their 401K
- 32:46 – Why your advisor is not going to want to do the math with you.
- 34:36 – How IRA’s are considered one of the stickiest assets for certain asset management firms.
- 37:32 – What the financial industry has taught people
- 37:50 – Why firms aren’t talking about the ability to do this.
- 39:44 – A giveaway for listeners of the episode.
Sound Financial Group’s Website for a Financial Inquiry Call – Info@sfgwa.com (Inquiry in the subject)
SHARE THE SHOW
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
Click this link – Your Business Your Wealth
Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
Click on ‘Write a Review’
“Legends Are Made” Copyright 2017. Music, arrangement and lyrics by Sam Tinnesz, Savage Youth Music Publishing SESAC and Matt Bronleewe, UNSECRET Songs SESAC
Podcast production and marketing by FullCast