In this episode of Your Business, Your Wealth, Paul and Cory continue their discussion on illusions of investing in the marketplace. In part three of this series, Paul and Cory debunk the myth of market timing. Specifically, they focus on the illusion that an individual investor can successfully navigate the market in order to maximize returns. Paul provides intriguing and eye-opening examples of market performances over different decades to show that, even if you timed the market correctly, predicting its future performance is a near impossibility. Finally, Paul shares a clip from an interview with world-renowned investment consultant, Charles Ellis, and provides key takeaways from this episode.
WHAT WAS COVERED
- 02:07 – Paul recaps the topics of the last two episodes on illusions in the marketplace
- 02:38 – Introducing today’s topic, Illusions of Investing Part 3: Market Timing
- 04:39 – Tactical Asset Allocation, explained
- 06:09 – Paul takes a historical look at the performance of the S&P 500 Index from 1985 to 2017 and compares it to the performance of the average individual investor
- 07:28 – Paul provides an intriguing example of market performance over a more recent time period
- 09:58 – Where does the message that we can time the market come from?
- 11:16 – Paul interrupts the podcast to provide the audience with a special offer
- 12:17 – A lesson from a Playboy Bunny on how not to invest
- 15:16 – Paul plays a clip from an interview with legendary financial consultant, Charles Ellis
- 18:15 – Key takeaways from trying to outperform the market by attempting to time the market
Sound Financial Group’s Website for a Financial Inquiry Call – Info@sfgwa.com (Inquiry in the subject)
SHARE THE SHOW
Did you enjoy the show? We would love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
Click this link – Your Business Your Wealth
Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
Click on ‘Write a Review’
“Legends Are Made” Copyright 2017. Music, arrangement and lyrics by Sam Tinnesz, Savage Youth Music Publishing SESAC and Matt Bronleewe, UNSECRET Songs SESAC
Podcast production and marketing by FullCast